Everyday we receive countless questions asking the same question...
“Does vooPlayer integrate with [insert tool or software name here]?”
- What Is Zapier (and why do you need it)
- How to Integrate vooPlayer with Zapier
- 8 Ways to Automate vooPlayer using Zapier
- Use Case Example using Slack + vooPlayer together
1. What is Zapier?
2. Integrate with Zapier
- Request an invite to use vooPlayer on Zapier (vooPlayer app for Zapier is currently in invite only mode)
- After you register or login to your Zapier Account use the New Zap option
- In the search bar search for vooPlayer and select it,
- Then choose a trigger and choose an account:
What vooPlayer triggers are available?
The Triggers that are currently available are:
- Email from Contest
- Email from Funnel
- Email from Video
- Email from Segment
This would mean that whenever, let's say, an Email is captured on a video using the Opt-in option, an action that you define later will be activated.
On the next screen when Connecting an Account a new window will popup with the field of API key that is required, which you can locate on your VooPlayer Profile as shown here:
You can use the Test button on the Zapier page to see if it is successful and then hit 'Save+Continue' button to go to the next step.
Next, you'll have to connect your vooPlayer video with the zap (have in mind that you need to have optin box set in the used video ), simply choose which video you want to use and hit Continue.
The last step would be to Test the Setup after which you should get the Test Successful notification.
After continuing, you will have the option to Choose an Action App, this can be any application you have access from Zapier as shown in the list.
3. Ways to Automate vooPlayer
- Send vooPlayer leads into SalesForce, HubSpot or any other CRM after watching a certain %
- Share new vooPlayer visitors via Gmail messages
- Automatically upload videos to vooPlayer from Google Drive, Dropbox or Box (soon)
- Automatically create new videos inside vooPlayer from YouTube uploads (soon)
- Save vooPlayer leads to a Google Spreadsheet
- Add new vooPlayer visitor emails to your favorite autoresponder
- Add new vooPlayer subscriber to a ConvertKit tag
- Share new vooPlayer videos and visitor emails in Slack
- And so many more...
4. Example: vooPlayer + Slack
For our example we will use the application Slack:
We will choose the Action that the application will take in this case, sending a direct message to someone, channel message or a reminder.
Continue to the next step by hitting 'Save + Continue' button at the bottom right.
You will have the option to select the application Account, in this case Slack account, we will Connect an Account here and follow the steps to link it.
There will be a test option on the side to check if the connection was successful:
Moving forward we will have some customization to our application action, this will be the step where you can set it up the way you want.
In the case of our Slack example, we can customize the message that will be sent using the data that was gathered by our Trigger.
So, by extending the field (by hitting the icon to the right), we will have an email that was gathered by a previous step:
Same as before, we will have the option to test it and if successful, a notification will appear.
Here we will have the option to add another step or finish the Zap after naming it.
You can locate your existing Zaps on the Zapier Dashboard and have the option of editing them as well.
What we have achieved by this example is, when someone fills in the mail part of the optin on a perticular video, a message will be sent through Slack application with the setting that we chose. This way you can customize your need with the applications that are supported by Zapier and the settings that best suit your needs.